Tuesday, May 25, 2010

doodle diary 5/25



Facilitators and speakers shouldn't be incensed or insulted if they see people doodling. They should be flattered.
I figure doodling helps people sift and retain interesting stuff from boring stuff; it may even help us form, refine, and verbalize particular thoughts and opinions. And there is strong evidence that doodling keeps us from sneaking out of meetings, stops us from exploding, and can result in the creation of surreal and, at times, remarkable snippets of art not meant to be viewed by the world.


Amanda Reid-Stevens

6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I have seen several recent studies that support the fact that those who doodle retain more than those who don't. So, doodle away.

Paula said...

Sounds like a good piece of advice to me.

Vickie said...

I doodle mindlessly while I listen - glad to hear I'm okay. :D

Debra said...

i love the descending/ascending notes; but the circles, ah, the plump full round circles~~they speak to me, grins, debra

Cirze said...

What a nice blog.

After the last 30 years of mind-blowing meetings, now I know what I should have been doing.

May I blogroll you?

S

there is strong evidence that doodling keeps us from sneaking out of meetings, stops us from exploding, and can result in the creation of surreal and, at times, remarkable snippets of art not meant to be viewed by the world.
____________

Anonymous said...

I went to a work-related training once that didn't suck. The speaker started the day by putting lots of candy and little cool toys (like play-doh) on our tables and telling us to feel free to eat and play while she talked. --Cin