Tuesday, December 9, 2008

For the dreamer on your shopping list


There was a 'snow advisory' here in Hooterville -- so I took a work-at-home day today. It was a happy accident that I happened to be home when Jesse Reklaw's latest book The Night of Your Life arrived in my mailbox. If you're not familiar with this artist (and I'm assuming most people are not), he draws a weekly comic strip based on people's dreams. It's kind of hard to explain how genius this is -- so please go to slowwave.com and check it out. It's a 255 page hardcover treasure that I got for free because I contributed four of the dreams he used. I was on various antidepressants during the years I had said dreams so I guess they met the weirdness factor he likes. You can send him your own nocturnal adventures via a link on the website.

This is so much more entertaining and unique than your typical 'graphic novel'...I recommend it for all the hard-to-buy-for weirdos you still have to do holiday shopping for.

9 comments:

Debra said...

love the title, cuz not on your life would i ever wanna dream some of the dreams i've dreamt. ya know? thing about being feverish and taking a combo of meds; plenty of dreams for fodder. plenty. some are downright scary, but most are just very confusing. why would i be navigating a waterfall only to climb turbine blades in an effort to escape a rich-bitch clique from highschool that were (in my dream) in charge of giving computers to african kids? it was like a very odd version of 24, with me being Jackess Bauer. grins, debra

Magogo's Musings, too said...

Will go to the web site now-thnks. Margo

Pamela said...

Wow that would be an interesting read. Hope you enjoy it!
xoxox

LYN said...

SOUNDS PRETTY COOL...

Beth said...

Cool concept. I wonder what he'd make of my Puppy Garden dream? (Yes, puppies growing in rows in a garden.) That one has always stuck with me.

Beth

sim warford said...

I was kinda wondering how you'd fared with the snow!
I don't remember my dreams, anymore. Thought if I got off the anti-d's, I'd start again. Apparently, not.
What I remember wouldn't be very good fodder, anyway; just occasional sex and lots of running water in the woods . . .

Kathy said...

I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the link.

Lisa said...

So cool he used your dreams! I am going to have to check this out.

Big Mark 243 said...

I would marry whoever would have thought to purchase this book or share it with me, for whatever reason. Have to, HAVE TO check it out.