Monday, October 18, 2010

neighborhood ghosts



Every year, one of my neighbors gets some rope and old sheets and hangs a little family of ghosts in his front yard. It looks spooky for all the wrong reasons.

What's great is that he does this in late September, so by the time Halloween rolls around they look pretty beat up and gross...and usually one or more of them is just lying on the ground. Can a ghost die?

I also like this because at least it's not one of those damn inflatable decorations that continue to be popular for some unknown reason.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Really nice artwork on this piece. I love the leaves and grass! (no, I did not say I love grass)

Anonymous said...

I like it because it looks like someone hung a Ku Klux Klan family.
Karma. ~Mary

Beth said...

I hate the inflatable decorations, too! The worst one is Santa on a Harley. I keep swearing I'm going to take my BB gun and go on a rampage one of these days.

Big Mark 243 said...

Dag... F&M stole my track... cause I know that I WOULD NOT be going up their walk for candy if I was a kid, trick or treating!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, nice tree. I like homemade things like dangly ghosts, even if they end up looking disheveled. I'm withyou on the inflatables. I especially hate the giant snow globes with the penguins inside. -Cin

Paula said...

This is pretty art work as someone said. The inflatable ones in our town are on the ground more then they are up.

Debra said...

that's their thing, and it's cool. the inflatables are tacky, Tacky, TACKY.

Ken Riches said...

Yea, what Beth said. When we go down the road, I make believe I have a machine gun and shoot all the inflatables.

Chef E said...

I am in agreement- lots of air blowing into those dump lumps, when they could be blowing it up their own...oops sorry, I get kind of into my soap box moments...

almost 50 but not quite said...

love the way you add color. the sky is great.